Monday, January 19, 2009

Ten Things

I saw on Riete's blog a post about ten things that make her happy. I gather she got the idea from someone who had 100 things that make them happy. I won't attempt to shoot for 100. I don't know if there are that many but I think I can manage 10. I think the ranking is 10 being the highest.

1. Being in the woods. I love taking my tent to the wilds and sleeping under the stars, cooking over a camp fire, and just sitting with my eyes closed listening to the sounds of nature. My dream is to someday live in the woods!

2. The smell of books. I love to smell open books. There is nowhere in the world you can find that smell duplicated. Even old books have a distinctive smell. It is the smell of unknown places, people, and ideas.

3. The smell of Bibles. This is different from other books and I have no explanation for it. Try it if you don't believe me.

4. Writing.

5. Reading.

6. Learning new things.

7. Traveling to new places. My fondest memories are of traveling to other countries and other states.Meeting new and interesting people.

8. Raising boys. My God that was so much fun! Caught up in a whirlwind all the time. You get off windblown, breathless, and exhausted but it is the ride of your life!

9. Sarah. Anything she does is just wonderful. But watching her mind grow is absolute joy.

10. Worship. I've found no greater happiness than in the presence of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.