Friday, January 9, 2009

The Importance of Correct Punctuation

I got this joke this morning but it is far more serious that usual. I truly can't reinforce enough how important it is to write correctly. This bears it out. And please, if you have a lack of education or ability, this is NOT targeted to you. It is a joke but one with a point.

I am aware that some people were not trained well and some not at all in communication skills. But you're never too old to learn. Writing is a good way to learn how to write and if you read and use good resources it is much easier than you think! You can actually learn to write by reading!

O.k. lecture over. Now the joke.

The Importance of Correct Punctuation

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are
generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you
admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for
other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever
when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be
yours?
Gloria

Dear John:
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are
generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you.
Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For
other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever.
When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me
be?
Yours,
Gloria
--
Rate this funny at
http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20090109

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.