Monday, January 26, 2009

Always Catching Something

As I said, I've caught a nasty cold. Headache, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, runny nose all the usual. I had an appointment with the R. A. doctor this morning and was going in to work. I didn't make it to work. I came home and went to bed. I've slept about three hours. I don't feel only slightly better with the headache easing a bit but not a whole lot. I MUST go to work tomorrow even if the snow is above the roof tops. I've been hearing it is going to be 5-10 inches! Well, there is a pile of work higher than that on my desk that must be finished this week.



Now, for something positive that I caught. I've posted a review and a link of the podcast I've been listening to. Run over and have a look. I just love the story! If you like mysteries you'll like this. If you like The Lord of the Rings, you'll like this. If you like both, you'll love this! Actually, while there is a LOTR feel with the wizards and magic the mystery is the jewel of the story. I'm up to Chapter 38 and I can't figure out whodunit! That's not usual for me and so I respect anyone who can keep me guessing that long.

Anyway, take a look at the review and visit Holyfield's site. I told him I'd post the link and the review. He kindly sent me a graphic to put with the review. Yes, I emailed him to tell him how much I have enjoyed his book. And he responded almost immediately! Amazing courtesy but he's a southern boy so I expected it. LOL. But it really is good. I'm waiting for the next chapter now and he said it was due out today. I've spent two weeks listening to it. I suspect I'll be buying the book. I do hope he does another using the two main characters. I really like them.

Onward, my friends. I took more meds for the cold and I've just had a cup of hot coffee. My head seems to have eased off slightly so I am going to find something to do. I may have my son take me to the office. I don't want to but two hours is better than none. I've lost 8 hours of vacation time for this! Drat!





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.