Sunday, January 18, 2009

Starvation Sunday!

We're here at last. I can have nothing to eat today but clear liquids until after the procedure which will be done tomorrow morning at 9:40 a.m. I am dreading it. Say several prayers for me. Already without my pain meds I'm having a lot more pain but I've not reached the unbearable stage, so that is a bonus. I hurt mostly in the large joints, my lower back, shoulder and upper arms and all related to motion. If I don't move around a lot, I'm o.k. I'm going to hit the shower soon for a very hot shower. I would love to have a hot tub about now. Heat helps so much.

I used to be able to fast but now after two meals I began to get sick. I suspect it has to do with my blood sugar but not sure about that. I have clear chicken broth in the kitchen and will utilize that. At 4 p.m. I have to start taking the medicine to clean out my colon. 36 oz at 4 p.m. and another 36 oz. at 9 p.m. I have to drink 8 oz every 15 minutes until I finish each one. I have no idea what it tastes like. I also have to dink 16 oz of water afterward.

I don't want to gross you all out but the last time I did this I got sick to my stomach and thought I'd throw up. I also became raw from the diarrhea to the point I was screaming when I had to go to the bathroom. The stuff literally scalded me every time. The screams terrified my sons who were young teenagers at the time. It was a horrible experience and one I'm afraid to repeat. I have a few things ready should that happen again but there is no guarantee that they will help.

So, as I said, say a lot of prayers for me. I'm going to try and get warm now. It is very cold. I got me lovely electric bill. $300 USD. You heard me. The same as my car payment. You don't want to know what I think of this utility company. And this is with my heat turned back to 50 degrees from 11:30 at night until 6 a.m. the next morning. I also keep it at 69 in the day time. I can only imagine what families are experiencing if they have it warmer!

I will try and drop a note later one to let you all know how it is going. Tomorrow I may not be around. They tell me I will be groggy afterward and probably sleep a lot. I probably need that anyway but I do hate losing a day. I only have so many of those left, you know! Losing one isn't good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.