Sunday, January 4, 2009

For a Soldier Boy

Please keep my nephew, James Joshua, in your prayers. He is leaving for Afghanistan soon. He has been in Iraq for a while now. He just spent the holidays with his family - my sister, Roselynn - and they are having a very difficult time with this. Pray for a covering of protection over him while he serves there.

Remember to pray for all the sons and daughters who have volunteered to serve in the military services. These people go in with open eyes. They know what they may be called to do and still they go. Some never dreamed this would happen. They just saw those military sign-up bonuses and thought they'd do their three years and be done. Others truly believe that someone must stand on the wall and watch. They knew they may have to lay down their lives in defense. These do not question or argue. They go. So pray for our service men and women.

There are so many of our people serving in this war, in harms way, for an ideal that so many have criticized. We can blame the president, we can blame the congress, we can blame anyone we want. But as a Christian, I am very aware of the forces at work in this present day that would seek to destroy this nation and any nation that refuses to be prisoner to terrorists. Say what you will, if we sit down and do nothing, this monster will destroy us. They know it ,too. They never believed we would do anything to fight. Until 9/11. So, do we wait for another 9/11?

I was wondering exactly what are we willing to give up to stop this war? Shall we sit back while millions in other countries die or become enslaved by these sub-humans? Have you really studied what they do to those who oppose them? There is so much more than what you have see in the news. Do your research and learn what they have done in those countries where they rule. They are intolerant, misogynistic, against any religion but their own, megalomaniac, and believe that the ends justify the means. Whatever they have to do, whoever they have to kill, maim or destroy is just fine as long as the world becomes Islamic. That is what we are fighting. An enemy seeking world domination. They even kill their own people. Look at the factions fighting in Iraq! Saddam was their worst enemy and once he was gone, they turned on one another and began killing each other.

Why do we fight? Because ALL people are created equal. All have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, regardless of their cultural or religious background and no one has the right to infringe on those rights for others. I don't have to agree with you. You don't have to agree with me. But neither of us has the right to enslave the other and enforce compliance.

So, hate the war, hate your leaders, hate the death and destruction. Just remember if we lose, what will you be willing to do when your loved ones head is taken? That's is what they have vowed to do to any who resist their control.

Don't think for one minute I am for this war. I don't want anyone in my family to enlist. I don't want anyone to have to fight. But I look at Sarah and I ask myself if I am willing for her to be forced to live like they make their women live? What would I do to protect her? Would I want my son to become one of them? For Sarah, I would kill whoever got between us. I don't want to die until it is my time. But I don't want to live that way.

So, pray for those who do fight, that God will protect them. Pray for those who don't, that God will protect them. For it the fight is lost, those who failed to fight will suffer even more.



I just know someone is going to rip me a new one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.