Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let It Snow... He Did!

I wish I had a digital camera so I could post photos! This is crazy. I may go shoot some film and get it developed this weekend! I have about a foot in my yard and street. My little Focus isn't going anywhere soon. I am snowed in and it is still falling. Under all that snow is about two to three inches of ice. Part of my mimosa tree in the back yard broke about 2 a.m. this morning and woke me. My power line into the house hangs immediately beneath this tree. If the limb over it snaps, both power and phone service will be out. I have a gas heater in the shed that didn't want to work last winter and we took it out to have it serviced but my brilliant spouse failed to get it serviced.... so, we can hook it back up but not sure it would work.

107,000 people are without power in our area and I can't get ahold of my kids. I don't know what their status is. My last word was that the power went out in their area and they have two children with them. They kept a baby for a friend last night because the friend had to take her other child to the hospital. They have cell phones but their service said their towers are down. I still have power and pray it continues. My sister worked all night and arrived at her house to find she has no power. I've been trying to get Becca's mother, who is my sister's tenant, but there cell phone is down. She has a truck and could get in to see about Dave and Becca.

Well, this serves no purpose but to let you all know what is going on. I intend to take the mimosa tree down this summer. This is not the first time I worried about the power like and that tree. It is going to drive me crazy because I can't get out of here easily if the power is out.

Finally word from the kids. The power is out and we are trying to find a way to get them here. My sister got in from work and her power is out too. I will have to get them all over here. AND I have no beds! No carpet! They will be doing the old fashioned pallet sleep tonight unless the roads get cleared and the power back on. The cabs are running but it is a 2 hour delay for priority runs such as this where children are involved. David feels he can get the car out and is going to make a trial run to be sure. He doesn't want to get stranded in the car with the kids.

I'm off for now but will be back later to let you know how things are going. Pray for those with out heat and transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.