Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Sound of Memories

I watched a commercial today that I posted on my site and the music soundtrack they used is a song that Jerry and I really loved. When we were newly married the Bellamy brothers were a big hit. We liked them. The song you hear now is one of our favorites. I had to listen to it several times and then it just blew me away.

I remembered that when our favorite oldies songs would be playing around here I'd often get up and dance around the room while he would just laugh, smile and shake his head. Sometimes I could coax him onto his feet to dance with me but he was all long arms and long legs and had never really learned to dance.Well, neither did I. I just expressed my happiness that way.He was a good Baptist boy when I married him and I was a good Pentecostal girl and one thing we had in common was we didn't dance! LOL!

But I did dance, sometimes, when I was happy I danced and even sang loudly. And he had danced with a few girls in his dating days. But neither of us was a Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers. But at home, when we were having a goofy day, I might jump up and start dancing and I'd drag him on his feet so we could dance together and then we would collapse into a chair laughing at how silly we looked. To bad dancers having a good time.

And then, after the song ended, I found that memory is often an enemy with knives. All I want is to dance with Jerry to the Bellamy brothers singing Let Your Love Flow. All I can do is close my eyes and watch.

2 comments:

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.