Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lovely Saturday

I've finally run out of steam. Mike and I got the whole yard cut and actually did a bit of cleaning up. I still have to find a weed trimmer. Everyone seems to be sold out of the electric ones and I refuse to pay $100 for one I can't use myself. They are just too heavy. I did buy an electric one today only to find when I got it home, some parts were missing. So, I had to take it back. It was the only one they had. I was truly annoyed because the grass around the fences is about three feet high and I have to get it cut!

We cleaned along the drive way, straightening up the rocks that line it. They are so heavy! And over time they actually sink into the ground! I made two large piles at each corner of the drive. I'm tired of moving the darn things every year. My plan is to get rid of them at some point. Some weigh as much at 30 lbs! I just can't deal with it. We've only kept them because some people can't seem to stay in the tracks of the drive. I don't have a paved drive, it is gravel. People were driving all over the place, backing up into the yard. We've kept the rock and it has worked but now, with just me, it is way too much to handle keeping them straight. (People still hit them and dislodge and dislocate them.) Anyway, if they hit these piles their car will be messed up I'm going to have to be careful myself.

I am hoping that I won't be sore in the morning with all the moving and mowing. Mike was a big help today. He really worked hard. I had not realized how heavy he has gotten. I am concerned because all he does is sit in his apartment and watch television or videos. He is riding the bike to go everywhere and that is good but he really needs to get out and move around more. They denied him again on his social security, even though the audiologist suggested he needs a hearing aid now. He is totally deaf in one ear and the "good" ear doesn't work well. Oh, don't go there. I can't let this upset me.

I booked my flight today! I know my aunt and uncle will be so relieved! I bought the insurance in case I have to cancel for some reason. I don't know of one but you never know in my life when something will happen. I really want a nice relaxing week somewhere.

Many of you have said that I seem better. The stomach is better and the headache gone. So that is good. The depression seems to now be under control to some degree. Work has kept me very busy and I've been trying again to get enough sleep by going to bed at a decent hour. Trouble is, I'm waking up anywhere from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.! I am NOT a morning person, folks. I don't have to be at work until 8 a.m. and I live no more than 15 minutes from work. There is nothing to do that early for a person who is not focused that early.

I have been getting phone calls from brother #1 this week and of course, my aunt. My sons call me.... usually wanting something but they call. Becca, daughter-in-law, calls daily, several times if she can. We always find something to talk about... Sarah {grin} is an unlimited topic. Dave, now back from his job training, did call to chat about his new Magic Jack phone. You can look that up on the internet. If it works as well as it seems to thus far, it will save them a small fortune on phone bills! Free phone service anywhere in the country! I will be getting one for Mike so he can get save on his too. I may also do that. Jerry's sister called tonight to talk a bit.

I should have called her before now but well, you all know how things have been. I just haven't called anyone much and those who've called me are as you see, a small group. That's ok. I've learned the hard way who I can depend on. I spent many years in foreign countries. I've been more alone here than anywhere I've ever lived. And I've decided I'm probably better off knowing who my actual friends are rather than thinking someone cares who doesn't really care at all. Frees me up for healthier relationships, I guess.

Well, it is late and I am going to bed soon. Got a moving going but it is on Hulu so I can stop it anytime and pick it up later. Have a good weekend... what is left of it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.