Sunday, August 2, 2009

OH! My Aching Back

I was awakened at 4:45 a.m. with a pain in my lower back. My sciatic nerve chose just that time the deliver a searing kick right to my left lower back. I reached around and found a knot that felt the size of a thumb and extended from the left of my spinal cord to my hip bone.

I shifted positions but finally had to get up and get a hot pack and put on it. It didn't help a lot. At 8:00 a.m. I got out of bed after several hours of restless sleep. I would have given a lot to have someone rub it until the know went down. I been movingaround and even sat on the edge of a chair for a bit. I found sitting at the dinning table and reading was a bit better because of the hard chair but after a while that becomes hard on you bottom.

For a bit my left leg felt like it might go but that seems to have eased off a bit. I hate it when the leg goes out. There is no one here to help me if that happens. It is nearly 11:00 a.m. now and I still have some pain but not as much.

I didn't do anything much yesterday. I worked on cleaning the garage again and I trimmed my crepe myrtle bushes. They have something that looks like baby powder on them that is killing the blooms. I'm concerned about so many things dying in the yard. I need to call the lawn people and ask what they are putting out that could cause this.

Oh, I did hold Sarah outside and she fell asleep while I was standing holding her. I rocked her from side to side, twisting at my waist. Last time I did that I had a flare up of this. So, now I know not to do that. Oddly, my neck and shoulder don't hurt as much from holding her! So, the stretches have helped a lot.

She isn't really that heavy. Doesn't weigh 25 lbs soaking wet! LOL! She's a tiny mite with boundless energy. Yesterday I introduced her to the tree guy and she said, "Hi I'm Sarah. And this is Mawmaw." We all laughed. Very proper she has become, too. Later she and I were discussing something and I told her she was a princess and she said "I'm just Sarah." No airs, apparently. Then, when I told her I was a girl, she said, "No, you're Mawmaw."

Well, I'm going to log off for a bit. I need to do some financial stuff. Makes my head hurt to even think of it.

Oh, and I would appreciate it if you would all welcome a new member of my contact list, Cassandra. She asked very nicely to join me about a week ago. She says she has been wading through the posts trying to get to know me. All I can say is that will keep her busy for a while! LOL. So, welcome Cassandra!






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.