Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Priest's Ideas

It was my first laugh of the day and I think it should be shared.


The elderly priest, speaking to the younger priest, said,
"It was a good idea to replace the first four pews with
plush bucket theater seats. It worked like a charm. The
front of the church always fills first now." The young
priest nodded, and the old priest continued, "And you told
me adding a little more beat to the music would bring young
people back to church, so I supported you when you brought
in that rock 'n' roll gospel choir. Now our services are
consistently packed to the balcony."

"Thank you, Father," answered the young priest. "I am
pleased that you are open to the new ideas of youth."

"All of these ideas have been well and good," said the
elderly priest, "but I'm afraid you've gone too far with the
drive-thru confessional."

"But, Father," protested the young priest, "my confessions
and the donations have nearly doubled since I began that!"

"Yes," replied the elderly priest, "and I appreciate that.
But the flashing neon sign, 'Toot 'n Tell or Go to Hell,'
cannot stay on the church roof."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.