Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Longest Day

As you all know by now, today was Jerry's birthday. He would have been 60 had he not left us in January. He was so looking forward to being 60. He made jokes all the time about the senior citizen's discount and how he would qualify for so many things once he was 60. He wanted to be 60. Has any of us ever wanted to be 60?

The children have gone home for the evening. My sons, Mike and David, my daughter-in-law Becca and granddaughter Sarah came over. They said they felt I should not be alone tonight and were here when I got home. We had supper together, sandwiches, soda and chips. We just sat around a chatted and I read stories to Sarah while they went and got Blizzards and brought them home. No discussions of anything heavy. Now, I'm just tired.

Several of you have sent special messages to me today. I have two friends named Cassandra here on Multiply. Cassandra C. sent a special message while the newest Cassandra has taken me on a special virtual tour today of some exciting places. We've been to a nice historical bed and breakfast with an unlimited chocolate bar, a day spa for a nice relaxing massage before going to a Murder mystery dinner theater. All in virtual time. But what fun it has been "site seeing" with her. It is a unique gift she has and I am glad I added her this past week. My deepest thanks to both of the Cassandra's.

All of you have left me messages both on the posts and in PM's that have just been so good to read and know that special people thought of me today or said prayers for me. I wish so very much I could tell you each how much your friendships have come to mean. I liked you all from the beginning. I love you all now.

I also got a card from a young lady that used to go to my church. I don't think she planned it to arrive today but it did. It was very sweet. On the front it says "Embrace Life". I try... it doesn't hold the same appeal at the moment as it did. Perhaps later.

For now, I'm going to get a hot shower and get ready for bed. I may watch a movie if I can stay awake. Actually, I'm very tired tonight and just want to sleep. I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. The week has been far too long for me, and the end of the longest day is here.

Thank you, again, all my friends. I do not use the term lightly. I do hope I can be as good to you all as you have been to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.