Monday, August 24, 2009

A Quiz to Start the Day

1. What is the worst place you can imagine going first thing in the morning?

2. What is the worst thing you can imagine having done when you get there?

Anyone guess dentist & filling repair in that order? You get a gold star. I don't like going to the dentist at all. Not even for a cleaning.

I have a dental appointment this morning and then, on the way to work, I have to get my licenses plates renewed. We noticed over the weekend that they had expired last month. Jerry always took care of this sort of thing. I never had to think about it. I guess I do now.

So, won't be here long enough to really blog. I slept moderately well, neck is acting up because I'm rolling around and end up on my left side. I though I had that licked but apparently I've fallen off the wagon. I'm still sore but I am ambulatory so that is a plus.

I'm dressed and ready to go. My dentist is three blocks from the end of my street so it makes it convenient. I could walk up there in about 10 minutes or less. But, I'd have to walk back...

I made the rounds yesterday to everyone's blog and tried to leave a note for each. If I missed yours it was unintentional.

I also cleaned my contact list. I dropped about three people. They have either gone missing for more than 6 months or we've had no direct contact for that long. I try not to be one of those people who put things on my blog expecting everyone to come to me and never bother to see what they have to say. I visit your sites, although in recent months I've not been able to do as much of that because I couldn't think long enough to get through them all. So, last night I went through my history to see who has been by that I may have missed. And who no longer come by.

I selected my contacts because I actually liked what I read on their blogs, or they were already people I knew and liked, or they were related to me and I wanted to keep up with them.I didn't add people just to have a big friends list to show off. It is the main reason I keep my contact list to a manageable size. After you reach a certain point, it becomes difficult to keep up with everyone so it makes sense to only keep people with whom you actually share things and who want to share with you. I guess I'm nosy but I like reading about everyone's struggles and accomplishments. I feel a bit more normal.

I've said this before but will do so again. The last eight months would have been even more difficult to get through had I not had this blog and all of you holding my hands. You have all been a blessing in one way or another. As I start my day today, you all are on my mind. I hope your day is beautiful and blessed and that no trouble finds you. You that remain are keepers... most of you have been with me a few years. Faithfulness is a virtue.

I am off to see the dentist. Oh, his name is Dr. Pitt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.