Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Misty Mess

Alice will be happy to know that chapter 35 is done and posted in its entirety. As many of you know, I have been working on a story, Hidden in the Mist. It is a private blog on Blogger and Alice has been reading it. She nags me, often, to post the next chapter. It's a good thing because I doubt I'd ever progress if she didn't.

Before her sister, Nancy, died, she also was one of my friends and between the two of them, I made a lot of progress. Mist was on the verge of death when they got hold of it. Now, I actually think I am getting to the point. There are 60,641 words in the blasted thing! More than two years of work. Well, it isn't the only thing I've worked on. I did NaNoWriMo in 2006 and 2007. I didn't reach the coveted 50,000 words for NaNo in '06 but I did in '07. So I don't feel guilty about Mist moving so slowly. And, if you read all the post here, you will see a lot of life has been happening.

And a lot of procrastination. But I am trying to imporve.

Unfortunately, this November is again National Novel Writing Month. I want to participate again in NaNoWriMo. Once you've done 50,000 words, you are truly hooked. I also have a women's conference I want to attend the 13-15 of November and then there is Thanksgiving. So, November is a bbbbbad to the bbbbone month. Still, I am impressed with all I've done with Mist.

I owe a lot of it to Alice and Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.