Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Late Again

As usual, it is late, nearly eleven. I have had a hectic evening and I am annoyed by that. More crisis and who gets called to solve it.

I'm not going to go over it. It is just too aggrivating and I am tired.

After work, Jerry and I went to Wal-mart where I bought a new keyboard. My new computer came with a keyboard but it is cheap. The letters are already wearing off. Jerry suggest I call and get them to replace it and I probalby will but I bought a Microsoft keyboard for $20 and it is much nicer with more features that the Dell crap. I don't know why they've started sending out this tiny keyboards that just wear out. Mike's did, too. He bough an HP keyboard but the letters are wearing off that as well. How silly. What kind of stuff did they use on the old keyboards that the letter NEVER wore off. You wore the machine out before the keyboard was worn out.

Anyway, I think I am going to quite like this one. It has a curved key pad. It will take a bit of getting used to but actually, it is easier to type. I found myself trying to pull my wrist into line as if I was using the old keyboard and it was hurting! This feel much more natural and I like it. I don't make as many errors either! Wish I could get one at work. Well, I cold if I would pay for it. I may do that at some point and put my name on it in case they give me the boot.

Friday is the 4th of July, American Independence Day. And our Executifve Director gave the whole agency Monday off so it is a four day weekend for us. She also gave everyone their birthday off this year. If you already had a birthday you can take another day but mine is in October so I am taking it in November for a conference I want to attend. She did this as a reward for the agency raising our scores to High performer. This is HUD jargon to say we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. You are rated on whether you get your reports in on time, process records on time, spend your money on tiem, etc. High Performer is a coveted title and you must have your scores above 94 I believe. I'm just glad for the two extra days off.

I am on my way to bed now. Everyone have a great day tomorrow and I will catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.