Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back Out

All right, so all this back problems I've been having and have gone on about ad naseum has finally come to a head. The back went out yesterday afternoon. It left me in the laundry room.

I was doing laundry and picked up a basket of dry towels. Anyone ever pick up dry towels? Sarah weighs more . In fact, the basket was so light, I could lift it with one hand. As I turned and started to carry them to the living room to fold it happened. It felt as if someone stabbed me in the lower back with a very sharp knife.

I staggered to the living room and had to sit down. No easy feat, let me tell you. Pain with a capital P. I had trouble moving the rest of the day. Later that evening, I found a pain patch the doctor had given me for the pain in my leg. . . that had no effect whatsoever on my leg. I put that on the spot that was hurting at bed time and took 800 mg of skelaxin (muscle relaxant). I usually take 400 mg so that tells you how bad it was. I never, ever take the maximum dose of anything if I can avoid it.

This morning, pain is only slightly better and I can't move in some directions. Sitting hurts. Standing hurts after a few minutes. Walking is a bit iffy. I might be able to navigate in a strait line as long as I make no sudden moves in any other direction or put my foot down wrong. NO bending at the waist. Squat if you must, but do not bend.

So, now we know what all the build up was about.

I don't know if any of you remember but I had a similar incident last year. I even went to the ER. They sent me home with a smile and instructions to call my doctor the next day. Which I did. She gave me a shot in the back and I was better in a couple of days.

I have not wasted my time or co-pay on the ER this time. I will just call my doctor tomorrow. I am hoping the MRI results is in and she will tell me to come see her. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.