Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Work, I Work

Saturday is no day in the park for me. I usually spend it cleaning because it is the only day I have that doesn't belong to someone else. So, there is a week of laundry, a week of floors, and a week of bathrooms. No, other family members do not help. Since it is only my husband and my oldest son (28), you'd think it would be lite work. My son keeps most of his mess in his room, which we just finished cleaning out together.

My husband is the worst. He has become a horder. I have no idea why but in the last 5 or 6 years he is suddenly hording ever piece of crap he touches. Receipts, plastic bottles, boxes things come in, flyers he reads, old clothes.. . even if they are't his. I have no idea what is going on but I'm getting pretty tired of it. We talked, argued and shouted about it. I've told him that as soon as Mike get a place to go, I'm taking his room for myself and my spouse can live in his squalor. Don't suggest a shrink. He won't go. There is nothing wrong with him. He doesn't have a problem. I do.

Never mind you can no longer get in my garage or storage building. You can't walk on his side of the bed. Several years ago I put him on the wall side because I got tired of wading thorough every pair of shoes he owns. Now he wades through them and his laundry. He won't put it in the hamper in the bahtroom. I stopped doing everyone's laundry because it was taking two days to do it. I also refuse to cook if I come home to a sink of dirty dishes. I don't own a dishwasher and if you can't wash up your mess, you don't need to be eating here.

By the time Saturday gets here, things are pretty bad. The floors have no carpet and haven't for years. My dog died and we had gotten rid of the carpet because it wore out and she was a horrible shedder, a long haired terrier... like Benji. Anyway, I have to sweep or vacuum the house.

So, now that I've vented, I'll go get to work. I will probably pop back in later. I'm doing a Jilly cleaning. Clean a bit, sit a bit, clean a bit, read a bit, clean a bit.... you get the idea. She should really write a book. It works so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.