Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Under the Weather

A difficult thing to do at the moment. The weather is pretty rotten. Rain all evening with a bit of thunder and lightening. I like storms but all weekend, I've been having rotten pain, too. I did some yard work Saturday and I have paid dearly for it. My arms and hands hurt and my leg has really been terribly painful for several days.

The arms and hands are because I used the electric hedge clippers. It always makes my arms and hands sore but not as sore as I'd be if I had to use the old fashioned ones. Just as I was working on the very last hedge, I cut my electric cord in two and had to go get another one. Yes, with the clippers. No, I didn't get a shock. The body of the clippers is high density plastic. I just heard a small pop and fizzle and then the clippers stopped. Nice clean cut they make, too.

But those cords are expensive. Jerry had bought two 80 feet cords so I could do the hedges and they just barely reached the last hedge on the far side of the yard. He can fix the one I cut but at the time, I had hedges to finish and he was asleep. I bought one 100 feet long.

So, I have 180 feet of heavy duty electrical cord and 80 feet of a cut cord. The 180 feet will reach easily from the back corner of my house to the back fence. I might actually have 10 to 20 feet to spare. Yes, that's a big yard. Believe me, every time I cut the grass I realize just how big it is. I suspect all three would reach from the street in front to my back property line. Since my yard is wedge shaped in back, I have no doubt that I could find a place where any one of them would reach from one side to the other.

The leg? Well, that's another story and I don't know why it hurts. The muscle in my calf just feels absolutely terrible. Sunday night night I lay in pain half the night. I finally got up and got a pain patch that my mother sent me and put it on my calf. It helped a bit I think but in no way has it stopped. I can't lay on either side because then it hurts from my hip to my foot. I am just so tired of this.

Tonight, I am really tired, possibly because of two nights of bad sleep. I could have lain down and gone to sleep as soon as I got home at five. But I didn't because I knew if I did I'd be up at midnight and unable to get back to sleep the rest of the night.

I've sat on the sofa all evening or in my desk chair writing. I do find that sitting for too long is making this worse so I try and get up here and there. But walking hurts, too. Pshaw! Can't win for losing!

I've been visiting the blogs that are updated. I always like reading Jilly's blog. She just makes you feel as if you've had a nice visit with her and heard all the news from home. And she has such a NORMAL family! It is quite refreshing.

Jilly is actually the one from whom I found out about Multiply! We were both on Yahoo 360 and when all the ruckus started, I decided to try this. I'm glad I did. And I'm glad she added me here.

Lately, it seems as if I've just been such a little ray of gloom. Every post seems to be a whine and dance session about my aches and pains or my gripes about my family. Although, I do try and keep my complaints about them to a minimum. I think I'm just so exhausted that everything is blown out of porportion and I focus on the bad side of things.

A lady who I've worked with for the last 10 years retired this past week. She is just such a nice woman and I really liked her. Her last day was to be Monday but her mother died during the early hours of that morning so she didn't work. Today she dropped by and I was asking her about how she was doing. She said she was very happy with the retirement. She said the first thing she did was take the clock out of her bedroom! And she said it was the best thing she ever did. Listening to her talk about it one would almost wish to be retirement age! I am quite looking forward to it now. Well, in 10 years. Although, I think Martha is older now than I will be in 10 years. I just hope I last that long.

It is time to stop, children, so I can get my raggedy self to bed. I am just worn out. Have a good week. I only have to work three more days this week! Thank goodness!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.