Thursday, July 24, 2008

Did I Pass?

O.k., I had the MRI. Just done about an hour ago. Am I claustrophobic? I think maybe a little. They ear plugs in my ears to dull the noise and put a folded cloth over my eyes so I couldn't see anything. That alone helped enormously. I thought I'd be fine but when I lay back and realized how close it was, I took their advice. And really not seeing it helped.

However, the pain intensified when I had to lie perfectly still for half and hour. I was fine until about the last 10 minutes and at that point, I was nearly ready to scream. Not from the close space but from the increasing pain in the small of my back. There is a place the size of a fist that is just so tender. I really think this is a pinched nerve.

As I lay there I had the weirdest sensations. I got slightly dizzy for one thing. But the truly oddest sensation was the sense that something like water or smoke was swirling around me in a column. I can't explain what I mean any other way. Isn't that crazy? I did NOT tell the girl that but I did ask about the dizziness and she said it made her dizzy, too.

You feel very odd afterward, at least, I did, as if I'd been hanging upside down and now I was right side up again. Lasted a minute and then I was fine. LOL, I know, that sounds nuts.

I've had all the metals in my body realigned now, so I should be just fine. Right? They told me my iron was high at the doctors a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if that contributed to what I was feeling. Don't laugh. It is a chemical iron. Start running a magnet over iron and see what happens!

Let me say, I was relieved when it was over for several reason! Now we wait and see what the results show. I can only say the pain is worse after the test that it was before.

I am going to ask my son to come over and work it out. He always helps when he works on my shoulder and neck. I used to have him do my back but it hasn't bothered me much lately.

I have to say thank you to all of you who have expressed concern and offered encouragement and prayers. I truly appreciate it. And it does help, really, to have someone say they were thinking about you. Thank you all so very much. I'm glad to have you as friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.