Friday, July 11, 2008

New Friends and Old Bugs

I added a new contact today. Susan's Site. As most of you know, I am VERY picky about my adds. I've got several posts that go into great detail. So, I don't usually add on the first meeting but her first post simply stunned me. It was so touching and so real that I just added her on the spur of the moment! I encourage you all to drop by and read it. And welcome her to Multiply. She's a newby all the way around and is just learning how things work.

Welcome to my site, Susan. I look forward to getting to know you.

On a darker note, I've caught an old bug. I've been sick all day with some kind of stomach bug. I wish that when someone is sick they'd stay home from work or at least sterilize the restroom. I got sick at work today and couldn't leave but what annoyed me was I was told one of the girls had this stomach virus and came to work with it for two days. If I had known she had it, I would NOT have used the restroom she was using, which happens to be right outside my office!

We have two staff restrooms and the nearest to me is just a tiny, maybe 4x4, single toilet and sink on the end of the building. I used to be almost the only one who ever used it but gradually, a lot of the staff walk down to use it. Probably for the privacy when they have a problem. That means if any of them had a bug, I am 10 times as likely to get it. It tics me off no end. There is nothing I can do about it but I don't have to like it. But please, for heaven sake, sanitize your hands, stay out of my office, don't touch my pens or anything on my desk, and use Lysol!

I knew yesterday when I went in there someone was not well. I had to leave and go get air sanitizer. However, I suspect as soon as I touched the door knob I was done for. Had I know it, I'd never have used it.

This is gross and I apologize but my stomach has hurt all day and I feel terrible. It is the weekend and I will probably spend it on the sofa. She's probably over it in time for the weekend!

I hope you all have a good one. Again, sorry for the disgusting half of this. Don't forget to say hi to Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.