Saturday, February 12, 2011

One, Two, Three...

And so on. I've been crocheting on the sweater. Not sure where it is going but I'm going to keep it up. The first one is the tricky one. After that I'll work out where the bugs are. Actually, I'm quite pleased with the way the collar turned out and now my brain is working on getting the body made and attached to the collar with the sleeves to follow. One step at a time.

I have not written in a couple of days but I'm headed for a shower now and plan on doing some afterward. Sarah has been here for several hours but she is not feeling well and will probably not spend the night. I'm o.k. with it because I'm really a bit under the weather myself. I think I'm getting that cold that they have been passing along at work. It's pretty bad. Everyone had to get Z-paks for it. I don't want it. I'm going to try and get some much needed rest and head it off. I hope.

And for the moment, that's pretty much all my news.

Sarah opened her princess mail and was tickled. I did get it on video and will have it up a bit later. I don't' want to give away the surprise.

I never did go over the writer's meeting. I'll give you the summary I sent out to the non-attendees.

Greetings Inmates:
Those inmates in attendance know what happened but this is to share a bit with those unable to join in.

The revival meeting of the Writer's Asylum went splendidly... in my personal view. It was wonderful to see friends, old and new. The remodeled appearance confused some old timers. Cassie thought she was lost. I think Kathy may have as well but she covered it well. Cassie on the other had a deer in the headlight look when I opened the door. I forgot none of you have been around since the building project happened.

Once the greetings were done, we started off by reading part of Chapter One of something Loraine is working on. She admitted she was nervous but she handled it well. She also chose well for her first critique. Although it was a short piece, as we planned in advance, it worked in her favor...leaving us wanting to read more.... always a good sign. She did good.

Doug shared his opening to a short story he is working on. A good opening as well. He had us standing over a bleeding corpse with bated breath wondering who was next.... well, I was....

I shared my "300 Words a Night" challenge. Apparently it was funny because everyone was laughing. I will be looking a bit more closely at it. Doug feels it will come in useful somewhere.

Cassie shared the results of the challenge she issued at Panera bread last month, also causing laughter over the antics of her inebriated duo.

We discussed a variety of writing issues and ideas to keeps us writing.

Next meeting is on the 24th of Feb. at 6:30 p.m. I've already set up the calender and you will get a reminder a week before and probably a day before. You can view the calendar if you need to get a list of dates and times. Just let everyone know if you have a problem. Remember to send out your submission the week before so we can pour over it. Kathy is up for critique next.

I know the email is boring but the meeting was a lot of fun. And as usual, you all left me with lots of ideas! And a bunch of warm fuzzies to keep me company.

Critique Schedule
Kathy
Doug
Cindy
Cassie

And there you have it. I'm due for that hot shower now. Everyone have a lovely night. The sun shone today but I stayed in all day. I'm really rather tired and hope tonight will be one where I get plenty of sleeps. Watch for the video of Sarah opening her mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.