Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lazy Day

I did not go to work today. I had to do blood work this morning at the hospital for my Thursday doctor appointment. I woke with a back ache and simply felt I could not face work today. I came home and lay on my sofa, on my back with my electric throw over me all morning until lunch. After I ate lunch, I went back and sat with my throw. I read all day and did nothing else.

I did finish Sarah's sweater late, around 4:30 or 5, just cleaning up the loose ends. Dave, Becca and Sarah came over around 6:30 and Sarah tried it on. It fit perfectly! Really. It fit with no sags, bags, or wrinkles - as if it was made for her. I was amazed. I did not do sleeves. I'll try that on the next go around. But she happened to have white, long-sleeved, turtle neck pull-over on and we put the sweater on her and it was absolutely perfect. I could have done sleeves but I didn't want to waste the time if it didn't fit. Becca decided to take it sans sleeves. Now, I can do another one and try some different things. I'm so pleased about it.

I am having a difficult time at the moment. It seems as if my life is in turmoil.. even though in retrospect, it is rather calm. I am feeling pressure from somewhere virtually all the time. I think I'm simply burned out in some areas. I can't fix those areas so it simply builds. I don't want to leave my house, frankly. I just want to stay home and do the things I love doing. I've started crochet again, I want to sew again, I'd like to write more - even though that is coming hard. I don't want to deal with crazy people anymore.

What I really feel is as if something is about to happen and I'm waiting for it. That's what it feels like. I've been here before. I don't like it when this feeling comes. I'd just as soon be surprised as everyone else when it does.

I'm going to get my shower, take my meds, watch my show, and then go to bed. Sleep is the only place I seem to find some peace. I pray for it every night. It seems to be the one prayer I get immediate results on. Thank God.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.