Thursday, February 24, 2011

Do You Know What Day It Is?

Thursday! Writer's Meeting tonight at 6:30. I am so glad. I don't
remember wanting to have any meeting as bad as I do this one tonight.
It has been such a stressful couple of weeks. I will be with friends
and we'll have a nice long chat and I can forget the negatives for a
while.

I went to the doctor today. He is increasing one of my BP meds. He is
putting me on ativan for six weeks. I took this when Jerry died. It
was very good medicine for the time. I do not know how it will help
now. He said it wasn't addictive. The website says "habit forming".
Isn't that addictive? Someone told me it was back then, I want to say
the counselor. They put me on Xanax after that and I only took it
about two months. I do not anticipate taking it often or for an
extended period. Why, if I feel better do I need to take it.

I am to taper off the hormone patch. He wanted me to switch to pills
but I don't like taking one more pill that may upset my stomach. So,
I'll keep tapering... expect mood swings... maybe that's what's been
happening. Decrease in hormones can cause depression. He thinks they
may be what caused to problem with my breast. Well, lets face it, they
keep the breast fairly dense... firm.. youthful? LOL, whatever, I
don't have a beard or baritone yet.

At any rate, the BP is a priority right now. It concerns me more than anything.

Ok, I'm going now and try and work. I have several things that need to
be done before I leave. I got her at 7:30 this morning and will have
to in the morning as well. Won't have to count that doctor's appt that
way. It was a short appt. I will let you know how the meeting goes
later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.