Thursday, February 24, 2011

Writers' Asylum Therapy

The meeting went well tonight and we had a great time, I think. Kathy was up for critique with five pages from her next Tansy Taylor novel. Kathy's psychic PI is very entertaining. Everyone gave her their impressions and hopefully it will give her some fuel to keep her going.

We had decided on 5 pages but it seems it isn't really enough for a good critique so we've raised the bar and Doug is on for the next meeting in two weeks with a 10 page target. He doesn't think he'll reach that will take a shot. I am after him. He's working already on his and I have NO idea.

Kathy asked me to teach her to crochet and so next Thursday will be the Asylum Crochet Circle meeting. I will attempt to give Kathy and Cassie lessons in crochet with, I hope, Loraine as a back up... she already knows how.. I wonder if she's better than me. I might learn some things, too!

We had muffins from Donut Bank and Kathy brought cookies.

Cassie shared some things she had learned from a workshop she attended. And we spent time just talking about some random issues.. my hear fall from a mountain, Kathy's customer stranded at the poultry farm, Cassie's BFF story she submitted to class, Loraine's continued search for the perfect house. You all know, the usual stuff. After my last two weeks it was the sanest I've been.

Now off to bed. Tomorrow is Friday and I hope the day will be a good one. At least tonight was relaxing and I have next Thursday to look forward to.

One problem is the pain in my hand is much worse today. My left index, well, actually, the knuckle joint where the finger goes into the hand on the palm side. I can't stand to touch it. And my left elbow is still giving me a lot of trouble. I can't put my elbow down on anything. Feels as if a hammer hit them both.

It has rained all day and night so far. I expect it to rain tomorrow, too. I don't really mind the rain except for the impact it has on my body. Might as well drop a lead block on me.

I'm on my way to bed now. At least it was a nice end to a long week. I hope the weekend turns a bit warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.