Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Sunday.... with Nuts

I'm up and at 'em. Mike called me the moment my clock went off. It was hard to get up but I can't say I'm having a lot of pain at the moment. In fact, pain has not been a major issue except in my arm in the last week. At least, I don't think so. I've been too busy to notice much. And this arm is amazingly better. The miracles of modern medicine!

I did notice that going to the water exercise class helps. I'm not as achy the next day. But the last two weeks were so hectic I don't remember much about them! I may have to read my blog to find out what went on!

Yesterday was spent sitting in a chair and writing. I got up at 10:30 and started and broke only a few times to eat, pick up Mike so he could do laundry, and then take him home. I watched a few television shows and then went back to it.

Speaking of Mike, I may have mentioned at some point that Mike is totally deaf in one ear and doesn't hear well out of the other ear. There is no fix for the deaf ear- nerve deafness. His other ear on a good day is not good and right now he has fluid behind it. The television has to be at a deafening level for him to hear it. most days anyway. So, before he came over I went to CVS pharmacy and bought this $15 Bell & Howell amplifier for him to use. Have you ever given someone a gift of hearing? There is no way to describe their face. He walked to the end of the hall and said, "Wow, Mom! I can hear you down here without you yelling." He sat and watch television at a normal level and I was not a nervous wreck when he left. The batteries are only good for 14 hours of listening so I don't know how much he will use it. He watches t.v. all the time. But I'm probably going to have to get him to an audiologist to do something.

My aunt had called and suggested Jerry's hearing aids and I had forgotten them. Before he died he had one replaced and they were going to replace the other. So I dug them out. The one Mike needs is the broken one but it would have fit perfectly. I can't afford to get aids like that one. Those are $6000 hearing aids the VA provided for him. Even one would be prohibitive. If he lost it I'd probably freak out. So, we have to find another way.

I looked around the house and realized I haven't put laundry away... in over a week. I told you, I was working. Last Sunday was the only day I didn't work and I felt miserable that day. And the rest of the week, well last Monday set the tone as my wedding anniversary rolled in. So, I have to get this mess sorted before Tuesday!

Writer's Meeting is Wednesday night. Doug is supposed to have something ready but I don't know if he will. His schedule seems to have been keeping him overloaded, too. Unless you are someone like John Grisham ... you don't get much writing time.

I'm off to Sunday School. I had hoped I could take Sarah this morning but as per usual, no answer. My day might have been a brighter day.

My depression always lifts with intense writing so I'm not so black today. I'm sure everyone will appreciate that! But I miss taking Sarah to church so much and it always brings sad memories of Jerry weeping over not being able to take her to church. And those things simply can't be borne.

I shall be around this afternoon on the computer so I may pop in. But email always notifies me and so do my messengers. I must not want to lose touch... I have gmail chat, yahoo chat, Windows live chat, and I could turn on the Multiply chat. I turned it off because it kept popping up when people logged in. If it just stayed until someone wanted to talk it would be fine. May try it again to see if it has been improved.

Have a good morning or afternoon, depending on your geography!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.