Sunday, January 10, 2010

Frozen Stiff

What a morning. It was 7 degrees when I got up.It is now noon and only 14 degrees! It took four hours for the temp to double.

No, I did not go to church. I'm sorry. I wanted to but that is so cold and I simply could not get warm this morning. I finally broke down and jacked the thermostat up above 71! I usually keep it 69 and that, on most days is comfortable. But for the last two weeks or so the cold has been so bad that it simply won't stay warm in here. And when I get cold, things begin to hurt.

I have discovered that the pain is probably worse because the muscles become very rigid with the cold. You all know what that means, Remember standing at the bus stop as a kid, or walking to school when it was cold out and you just felt all stiff. That was the muscles reacting. Lately, that is what happens to me. That's what the term "frozen stiff" means.

When my muscles get like that the pain isn't what I remember from childhood. It is worse. I'm sitting here in a sweat suit, with wool socks on, the heat is going at 72 degrees and I'm chilly. And 72 is not cool by any standards. My hands hurt a bit but my neck, upper back, calves are all stiff and feel cold. Impossible. All I know is they are and that's that. I'm going to find my heavy bathrobe.

So, I'm frozen stiff. I'm not leaving my house until something warms up. So, I've been reading, messing with writing a post to a blog, playing with my movie maker. I learned something helpful about movie maker and can now plan on creating a presentation to use on my job that will make my life easier. Maybe. And I am going to get some stories record for Sarah to hear at home.

So, the next time you hear the term Frozen Stiff, you'll think of me, living in my igloo and blogging while I wait for the Spring Thaw.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.