Saturday, January 23, 2010

Come Fly With Me!

I booked my flight this morning for Florida in April. I am so excited! I will visit my sister Stuck in the Middle for a couple of days. She will get me to Mobile to board for the cruise. I'll be cruising the Gulf of Mexico to Cozumel and the Yucatan for 5 days and then back to Mobile where Stuck will again pick me up and we'll have a couple more days. Then, I'll fly back here. So, two vacations. My sister and I have a good time when we get to be together. I've told her next cruise will be a three sisters cruise.

I got a flight booked right out of my city so I won't have to drive the 2 hours to Louisville. Originally planned it that way but when I saw the price from Louisville it wasn't that much cheaper and a whole lot less convenient. Joy joy for that bit!

Dad called this week to say he had booked us a tour to the Chichen Itza... I believe that is probably right. He actually said he booked a tour for something that sounded like Chickens. LOL, and I guess it does. I studied Latin American Studies for two semesters and Spanish for two years where you also study the history and culture of this area. So I am quite familiar with the geographical area and history. I'm looking forward to having one dream come true. I wanted to go to this area when I was studying it and had hoped take a trip there someday. So you know I'm more than excited!

I've sat here this morning paying bills and arranging flight plans and now I want to get out and find food. I'm probably going to get Mike. He said, "Mom, I'd like to spend time with you today." Which translates, "can we do lunch on your dime?" LOL, I don't mind. He's good company sometimes and when I need him he's there.

I'm going to my friend, Doug's, on Sunday for lunch and to meet his wife and family. I'm looking forward to that. But I've got to get some notes together. I want to also talk to him about Simon. Doug is really good as a sounding board and has given me some good ideas to work with in the past. We love to talk writing.

So, now I'm doing another type of flying. I've got to dress and clean up a bit and then, hit the road. Back later to do some writing. Kat is traveling today to take her daughter back to college so probably won't be talking to her for maybe a day or so. She has a 10 hour drive round trip and she's going to be exhausted. We batted around some ideas last night and I related a bit about Simon's past that "he just told me". LOL, but it was helpful.

Gone for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.