Friday, May 8, 2009

What's Marked in My Bible, #16

Job 38:36. Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

When I lived in Frankfurt, Germany from 1977-1979 we learned several songs from the Bible. This chapter contains one. I could sing them but with no music it wouldn't be very pretty. I did post one in the Melodies tag box on the home page, but not this one.

Psalms 3:1-6
1. Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
2. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
5. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.
6. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about.

Psalms 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

They are being slowly eroded. As a child, I could pray in school and no one thought it strange to pray at a dinner table or talk about Sunday School. The Ten Commandments were more than a set of rules, the were the foundation of democracies.

Today, the word Christian is considered an insult and a shame. To practice Christian faith is to invite insult, ridicule, and lawsuits. Prayer is forbidden except in private.

Yet, how amazing that we are ordered to be tolerant of a religion that advocates the use of violence to force compliance and conversion, tolerate their praying in public, tolerate their hatred of Christians.

Yet, let a Christian even speak in a public place the words of the Bible, and they will be accused of violating the separation of church and state. Let them criticize a public official, a lifestyle, or a certain behavior and they can be arrested for a hate crime. Let them disagree with the politics of the day and special interest groups are allowed to prohibit them for participating in a political event, simply by whining.

The world has truly been turned upside down. If speech were truly free in American or anywhere, we could speak without fear of reprisal or restraint.

Stepping off the soap box now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.