Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What's Marked in My Bible, #12

II Samuel 7:14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
15. But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

A promise of faithfulness.


II Samuel 21:20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.

Remember the earlier post about the Nephilim and children of Anak? This is very probably one of their descendants. There are several giants mentioned in this book, all related to one another, brothers I believe.

I Kings 22:21-22 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him.
22. And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

God sent lying spirits to stop destroy Ahab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.