Saturday, May 2, 2009

Plans?

Cheryl asked me if I had any Saturday plans. It feels as if this is one of those days where I can't function. I can't find a thing I want to do except sit. I know I will get moving soon but at the moment, everything takes too much effort. I have coffee cups for three days in the sink. Can't figure out why there are not dinner plates. Did I eat out? I guess I did.

I don't seems to cook anymore. A sandwich or cereal or whatever I can find to get me by. I hate eating out alone so I have probably been taking one of the kids. I think... no, yesterday I had a burger alone in the car while shopping.

I had planned to do some yard work but everything here is wet. Grass is getting tall and I can't cut it wet. Such an aggravation.

The house is not terribly dirty but there are things I need to do. I'm wanting to throw things out and slim down the contents. I did find a lovely sofa yesterday that I may buy later in the summer. Not too large and not too small.

I realized a minute ago that the furniture I am buying now will probably be the last I ever buy. I have no children at home to wear it out. Sarah behaves very well. One person won't even make a dent in the furniture over the course of several years. So, I better buy something I truly love because I'm stuck with it forever.

It is just that none of this is even remotely interesting to me. I always loved doing this stuff but I usually had Jerry helping in some capacity. We both loved working on the house. Now, I don't really care if it is ever fixed, or painted, or decorated. I can't do most of the work alone and it is just too much effort to figure it out.

The scene of Scarlett at the bottom of the stairs makes a lot of sense. "I'll think about it tomorrow."

Rhett's makes even more sense. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

No, I have no plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.