Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Calling Prayer Warriors

I have repeatedly ask those of you who pray to pray for my friend Nancy. I am asking again this weekend. I was just visiting the blog that her sister and my friend, Alice has made for her. Alice has posted an update in the comment section and it must be horrible for her to even have to post it. It is not for the squemish.

After reading the post, I feel it is a very critical time for Nancy. It is very difficult in these situations to know how to pray and I don't think I am the only one to feel this way. I began by praying for complete healing but when things get as bad as they are right now, it is hard to know what to pray, for me anyway. I don't know God's mind or plans. I just know He is able to do all that we ask. But He works according to His will, not ours. And at times, we are not happy with that.

Emotionally, I am horrified at what Nancy is going through right now. I have been praying for her for weeks now and I know others have too. If what Alice says is true, she has very little time left and that time appears to be beyond anything I can imagine anyone having to endure.

So, I have begun praying for God to ease all her pain, calm any fear she may have during this time, and give her peace in her soul. I am praying for the comfort her family needs now and the peace they will need later. This has been so swift and so terrible that this family will be in shock for a while before they can even realize what has happened!

I don't know if the blog is open to everyone but here it is if you want read the post: http://novelwoman.multiply.com/ If it is not open, let me know and I will see if Alice can post it on her blog for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.