Saturday, November 17, 2007

Boom, Boom, Boom

Is there anyone here old enough to remember the Sonny & Cher song "The Beat Goes On"?

This morning there is a "poundin' in my brain". Yes, I woke up with a headache! Right behind my left eye,above my left eyebrow, back to a point just beyond my left ear and then down, behind my ear and down my neck to a point just at the muscle on top of my shoulder at the base of my neck. You can find this muscle yourself by pressing your fingers at the curve of your neck and moving them just about an inch toward your back. . . there, big elipitical muscle. If I continue to press on this area or I put pressure on my head in the area described, well, I'll confess to just about anything. This is an early warning that a migraine will be here within the hour unless I take swift action. Chopping off my head comes to mind but I keep hearing this voice say that perhaps that is a bit extreme.

This time of year is living hell for me. Low pressure systems abound in the midwest in winter. I am going for the Icy Hot to put on my shoulder and neck. This is actually something I discovered by accident when I had an RA flare that set off a migraine. I apply it to my shoulder and up my neck to my hair line on that side. Then, I take an Imitrex.

Does anyone remember the Salem, Mass. witch trials? One of the tortures was to put the person on a board, lay a board on top, and pile stones on it until they confessed their evil ways. They usually died of suffocation. This morning, the migraines imps have my head in such a device.

Today I will be doing a lot of writing for NaNo... I hope. I am behind but since I am off this week I have the potential to catch up if I really work at it. Of course, these imps would seek to prevent me from attaining my goal of Word Domination. Viewing the monitor is quite painful but I shall defeat them . . . and their little dog, too.

I depart for distant shores of Imitrex and onward to NaNoWriMo. Farewell, fond friends. Adios, amigos. Bye to the rest of ya. As a couple of great people once said, "I shall return."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.