Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday

Nuff said?

Actually, it started as a gloomy, cooler morning. The sun is not
burning off the clouds and temps are expected to get back up in the
90's. That is where they were yesterday morning when I got to the
hospital. When I left they were in the low 70's. Today is a reverse.

I'm tired. I went to bed at 7:30. Woke up to at 9 p.m. and had to eat
a sandwich, which I didn't want but needed. Went back to bed. I woke
at 6:30 this morning. I had to get up during the night for an ice pack
for my lower back and leg. I took generic Tylenol but it didn't do
much for several hours. I had problems most of the night and it is
probably why I'm tired today.

Not sure of Phyllis' status. She called around 11 and woke me to tell
me that her two iv lines had failed . . . again. They couldn't get
blood. They have had to move up her arms every day with a new iv
because the veins keep failing. They say it is the sodium chloride
that causes it. They were concerned her potassium would drop because
she isn't getting it and still has diarrhea. Until that stops she's
losing fluids. It isn't as bad but it is still happening. I talked to
them a few minutes ago and they haven't seen the doctor yet. So now
idea still on what is happening.

I calculated that I can't miss any work for the next 5 months to earn
a week and a half of vacation. It is depressing. I wish I'd not taken
my vacation when my plans fell through but I really needed that time
off. And I was frustrated I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I was
sick for half of it anyway so it was a waste all the way around. The
only good news is that Sept. 5, Nov 8, 24, 24 & Dec 23, 26 and 30 are
all holidays coming up so it isn't as if I won't get any days off. I
just can't be sick or take a vacation day if I want to have any come
spring!

I'm off now. I have to wade through the piles here. Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.