Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

My phone woke me at 8 a.m. Yep. My day off. The phone rings. Never mind. It doesn't matter. It always happens.

It's is cloudy, despite a weather notice that said it was supposed to be mostly cloudy. There was a little sun behind a little cloud on the weather notice. Imagine my surprise when I saw huge clouds and no sun outside. What's that about? Why not just say, cloudy today with NO sun. Better yet, why bother with a weather report at all? I mean nothing has changed since LAST WEEK! It's terribly depressing weather. And it is cold on top of that.

Nuff weather rant. I have several more I need to cover before I lose you completely.

Actually, I'm not going to rant. As usual, I had a bit of a meltdown last night but I pulled myself up by my boot straps. It is the holiday season. I still have to get through December and my anniversary in January before I even get to the death date in late January. Kind of like base jumping. Once you step off that ledge, there is no going back and you just keep going until you hit bottom, hopefully softly.

Anyway, rather than trying to fix it, I simply started writing. I didn't do too bad. But the goal for the next three days is 20k. Yep. I have to get this done. I know if I go into Monday with a huge deficit, I'm finished. I'll never make the goal. If I can get the 20k by Saturday I'll be done and I'll have made goal.

I KNOW it's a lot of words. But if I don't set the standard high I'll probably not even make half that. LOL, Yes, you can use psychology on yourself. I'll let you know... better yet, watch the ticker on my home page.

Someone asked about my background, Abandoned. I believe it was a visitor. I got that background at ShiftedReality.com. I think I gave the wrong information previously. That's where it came from, Ethansdad. It just appeals to me for some reason.

So, I'm getting dressed in fits and starts. At the moment I have a blue long sleeved pullover and black leggings. I'm cold and these are warm. I'll pull a skirt on over them before I leave. Hair is down. It is nice to have to struggle with it. I just wish all that short stuff would grow!

We're going to Golden Corral for dinner after my sister Phyllis gets off at 2 p.m. It's late and I can't do a thing about it. It is also cheaper for me to pay everyone's way than to buy all that food and spend days cooking and cleaning. I'm happier this way. If anyone else is not they can cook next year and I'll be happy then, too.

Not sure I'll be back today. I really need to knuckle down and get the word count up so probably not. I hope that you remember the Ten Foot rule. Here is the excerpt from my blog about it from November 29, 2009


"Tonight I sit in a room that is approximately 9x10. The realization came to me tonight that all that matters of all that we do or say can be found within ten feet of you. And we usually stay close to what we love. But we don't notice it. It is silent and we don't really notice. Unless at some point it disappears. A void opens up.

I suppose the answer would be to look around and see what is within ten feet of where you sit right now. Reach out and grab it. Don't let go. If you do, it will begin to drift away, beyond your reach. Until you can't reach it anymore."

Try very hard to say thank you today to someone for something, even if it is not "your" holiday. It is a good holiday and everyone should have a special thanksgiving day. If life is hard right now, be thankful it isn't worse. It can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.