Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Americans Have Spoken

The American people have spoken.

I will render unto Caesar the things that belong to Caesar.

AND I WILL HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE ABOUT IT!

But I will not diminish giving to God the things that belong to God.

------------------------------------------------------------

America has given me many things.

Freedom of religion.

Freedom of speech.

The opportunity to live in (middle of the road) lifestyle.

BUT SHE DID NOT GIVE ME PEACE,

SHE DID NOT GIVE ME FORGIVENESS OF MY SINS,

SHE DID NOT GIVE ME DELIVERANCE OF THE LOAD OF GUILT

JESUS DID.

JESUS DID!

JESUS DID!

I will continue to love my neighbor as a Christian should.

I will continue to reach to the black man to be my brother. BUT I’M GONNA REACH TO THE RED MAN TOO.

I will not allow my mind to be distracted from my purpose.

WHAT IS MY PURPOSE?

FREELY I HAVE RECEIVED - FREELY I WILL GIVE!

As generations and centuries of Christians have gone on before,

some lived quiet peaceable lives,

others tortured daily until finally ravished in death.

Still the standard is before us. And we must remind ourselves daily;

we are Christians before we are Americans.

IT IS JESUS’ BLOOD THAT FLOWS IN MY VEINS!

IT IS HIS SPIRIT THAT RENEWS MY MIND!

WITHOUT HIM, I AM NOTHING!


Phil Wagoner, Assistant Pastor

Haven Pentecostal Church,

Henderson, KY



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.