Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In My Humble Opinion

I was going to answer a comment on the last post but decided that it was so long it should be blog post.

I was disappointed about the election but not depressed.I'm a conservative but I also know in whom I have my hope. So, it was not a surprise to me that Obama won. I didn't even watch the returns on television. I was working on NaNo.

I saw this coming long before I even knew who would be the candidate. I always go back to historical records of such elections. Review terms when a party held office for 8 years. You will find that the trend is that the election following the 8 year rule will be won by the opposing party regardless of who runs. FDR being the only exception, and they fixed that.

People get bored and frustrated because the President is not as powerful as they thought he was when elected. So, they vote for a new superman. Unfortunately, the President can't do anything the Congress doesn't want him/her to do. If the Congress that is is elected during the presidential election happens to be predominately the same party as the new President, then he has more power and that alliance makes him appear as a savior.

But any President that doesn't have majority support of Congress will be ineffective in getting his agenda through. You've just seen the last 4 years of that kind of government. Now, you will see 4 years of increased taxes and liberal policies that benefit those in office. Never fails. This president will have a majority in both houses. Just wait. It is going to cost us bundles more than anyone dreamed. If you thought the 700 billion couldn't be any worse, wait 24 months.

The good news it that it usually only takes 4 years for this kind of winner to screw up. Mid-term congressional elections will tell the tale. If this guy doesn't deliver on his "change" promises in two years, and if the public doesn't perceive that he is "help" them, at the mid-term elections he's going to lose some of the support he has in the Congress. People will change their senators and congressmen.

If his changes result in a negative impact to those who have the money in this country, he'll lose that support faster than the Titanic sank. Money equals power in every government, I don't care what he says. Money controls every country. Lots of money and a glittering generalization called "change" won this election, not race. Read the press on how much was spent. Obama could not win with black voters alone. He had to have vast numbers of whites and other minorities.

So, by the end of four years, if he still hasn't delivered, he'll be out of there. Americans only vote for superheros that are successful and if they have enough money to sway voters it is in their best interest to deliver on promises.

Just my humble opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.