Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Roar of Wind

The sound you are hearing is the sound of the wind as it roars past me in my wake. It is deafening. I am really clocking some words, folks. I am almost to 30,000 since the woes of a few days ago.On the 15th I was just over 20,000 and today, I am only 1353 short of the goal for today of 30,006. For the 16th, 17th, and 18th I have a total word count of 7892. Remember the daily quota is 1667.

That tells you the story is happening now. And I know the ending. Came to me last night when my head hit my pillow. I tell you, it is so strange how it works sometimes. I was really cranking it out and knew I was heading in the right direction but had NO idea at midnight how this story would end. When the bedroom light went out moments later and I closed my eyes, the characters simply played it out for me as I lay there and watched. I was almost crying at one point because it was perfect! I can't wait to get it all down. And tonight I've been writing like a fiend.

The first several chapters may stink but these last ones, well, they are so much better that I feel terrific! Don't get me wrong. This is like building a house. What I have here is a the framing for the whole story.

God, I love this stuff! Purple bar, here I come! God willing and the computer don't die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.