Saturday, November 8, 2008

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I reposted the entire nano novel thus far on the blog yesterday. I was really doing well. But then, as often happens with creative works, something changed. Last night, I suddenly had to change the point of view! Yes!!! I was writing happily in the first person when suddenly, the character pushed me to a corner, smacked me around, and shouted, "THIRD PERSON YOU NINNY!"

So, now I've had to go back and change the view point for all four chapters. Actually, I think it was the right decision. Aside from being assaulted by your main character, the story feels better, like it is going to move in a different direction now and I don't feel it is so sluggish. Doesn't mean it is very good but at least I am getting the words down.

The change has put me behind a bit in the word count. I missed writing last night completely. I kept Sarah and was up until 1:30 when I had to take her home. She won't stay all night with me anymore so, from now on they will have to be prepared to get in before bedtime. I can't do those late nights anymore. This morning I had quite a bit of pain, not in the neck so much, and I've been tired all day. Nothing but laundry done and working on the POV in the novel. Now, I'm down to writing again and at present, I have a bowl of soup in the microwave. I suddenly want cold weather food. Maybe chili tomorrow?

I've put on some music. Cinema Classics. Themes from movies like Dr. Zhivago, Godfather, Romeo and Juliet, Gone with the Wind to name the most famous ones. There are several others but I'm bored with that now so on to the next topic. LOL!

I went to a write-in meeting tonight with four other NaNo'ers. All younger than me. Two were rather interesting. The other two, I don't really have anything in common with them. One of them is just a rather nice young girl. But I got rather annoyed at the other because she kept making these negative comments that were so rude. One about my being from the South and how education here was inferior (she's from Chicago), about how much she hated kids. She's a teacher!!? Perhaps teachers like that are the problem? Anyway, she was rather nice initially until she became so negative. I just don't like negative people. It was rather uncomfortable.

The two people I actually liked were a young man with four kids and an older woman, not as old as me who was doing all her writing in long hand. She had children too. It is hard to do this with children. Doug, the guy, was feeling a bit dejected because he didn't have a very big word count but he has four children under age 12 and is in the process of buying a house and moving in the next couple of weeks. There's a holiday here too! I really wanted to stress to him that the important thing is just to write. It is nice to get the word count but it is really just about writing. I've lost one year and won one year. It was great to win. But just pushing myself to the limit is so great. And I've learned important things from both events.

Well, enough of that for now. Just wanted to share what was going on at the moment.Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm going for the soup now and then back to the novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.