Thursday, November 27, 2008

Celebration Time

Finally, the 50,000 mark had been surpassed and I have my purple bar and my award certificate. I am so glad to be done with that stress! I finished around midnight last night. Finally, the bones of the novel is assembled and waiting to be fleshed out.

By finished, I only mean I met the minimum requirements. I am still working on it and adding to the word count. I have posted another chapter to the blog for those reading it. Jilly has left encouraging comments. And ask a good question. Can you take a shower here in the States if the power it off. Yes you can and a hot one if you have a gas hot water heater. But if you have an electric heater, once the hot water in the tank is used up, you won't get a hot shower until the power comes back on. It is the only reason I've kept a gas water heater this long. I had a gas stove for years but finally got an electric one. We've had power outages where we could cook and bathe, two of the most critical life requirements. Since we've had the electric stove we have had an outage once and could bathe but couldn't cook.

Anyway, I'll be posting all the scaffolding on the blog but remember as of the thirtieth I will be closing it to those I put on the email list. This is to protect the work. If you aren't done reading by then, just PM me and be sure I have a good address for you. That will give you an additional 30 days. It isn't really that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.