Saturday, May 31, 2008

Walking the Floor

Well, here it is, at last. The new floor I've been putting down on my vacation. What do you think? I have to say we've had several service people in and when they see it the all say it is beautiful. I, of course, think the same thing but I am predjudiced, I guess.
Here you can see Sarah is really impressed!
The following shots are similar to the previous floor post but now the floor covering is down.

This is a simple peal and stick tile. Previously, I've put down a roll of vinal floor covering in two bathrooms with glue but not this. I can't say it is easier folks. This is a bit labor intensive.

Every tile had to be positioned and we actually had to reposition two because we got off the required "pryamid" method. You don't lay this in a straight line from the corner. You start from the center point and work outward in pyramids. Believe me, if you deviate, it messes things up.

I figure if the adhesive comes loose we can always use a different adhesive. I've told Becca to just use a slightly damp mop to clean it and avoid a having liquids in her bedroom.

We also painted the ceiling in the kitchen and living room and the walls in the living room had to be touched up.

Sarah apparently likes the apartment but I hope they aren't going to be too cramped. It is a small one bedroom with a full basement.

I've posted some new photos of Sarah in the albums for those interested. We took her to the mall to the play area where a little boy seemed to just fall in love with her. He played big brother the whole time we were there. They were so cute together. He had a 9 month old baby sister of his own but she has Down Syndrome. He was just wonderful with Sarah so I know he will be a wonderful big brother.

Monday is back to work day and frankly, every vacation I have to go back to work to get any rest. This will be no different! I kept Sarah overnight on Thursday night and she was so sweet. Had one bout of crying at bedtime for her Mama but she crawled onto my chest and lay down and cried about twice and was then sound asleep. Becca says she does that every night. She fights her sleep and wants her mother when it is bed time. But over all she was an angel both days. They said last night she went right to bed in the new place and never fussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.