Saturday, May 17, 2008

To Die for...

The day is georgeous- sunny, breeze, and comfortable, although the desktop says it is 80 degrees. It doesn't feel like 80. I really need to be cutting my yard but I've been trying to help Becca clean the new apartment to get it ready to move in by the 30th.

It is my sister's property and her tenant abandoned the unit a couple of months ago. Dave and Becca want to rent it now, although it is a one bedroom and small. Sarah won't sleep in her own bed anyway so it doesn't matter much. It will save them money for a year, if they are careful and save. Right.

We ripped the carpet up in the bedroom. The previous tenant had a cat and a dog and I swear she kept them locked in there when she went to work. It smelled of cat and when we pulled up the carpet, the smell of urine was horrible. The woman was a pig..My sister will have to put new flooring down. The hardwood floor below would require too much work at the moment. She can't afford it. So, we'll have to clean it and find some tile to put on it until later. Anyone have a fast, easy way to clean a floor that has glue and dirt on it? It is a shame because structurally, the floor is good. Refinished it would be a hardwood beauty.

I am not getting things done, you know. I just have no motivation and I think it is because someone always needs something and I'm the sap who says, "I'll help."

I am off the last week of the month and I am hoping I can do NOTHING! Yes, nothing but what I want to do. We will see. Dave and Becca will be moving that week and I will probably have Sarah a lot but that is a small thing. What I really need is to go somewhere. Of course one needs transportation for that and I have none.

I am going now. The sun is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.