Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Floored

I spent my evening flooring the bedroom of my sister's rental unit. As I mentioned in a previous post, the previous tenant ruined the carpet by allowing her animals to urinate on it... repeatedly. the floor underneath was hardwood but in terrible condition and stained by the animals. We ripped the carpet out last weekend and tonight and tomorrow night we are installing a underlayment in preparation for a new floor covering. It will probably be a vinal of some sort if she can afford it. Right now we just need to get a floor down so the new tenants can move in!

And no, I don't get paid for this. Tomorrow I will probably pay the piper. Hauling around 4x8 ft. sheets of half inch luane plywood is not an easy task. I am a perfectionist so ever piece is fitted in carefully. We even cut out the hole for the air conditioning vent. It was a perfect fit with no excess space. After the floor is done, we have to seal the cracks with wood filler to give a smooth surface so the floor covering won't crack in those areas. I've done this twice before on bathroom floors but this is the largest floor project I've had to this point. I must say, I am quite pleased with the results but I am not anxious to do it again, thank you very much.

So, I am going to bed now and hope I am able to crawl out tomorrow. Vacation is two days away! I have to have this done by Saturday. I have NO intention of spending my vacation doing work for someone else.

Night yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.