Monday, May 5, 2008

Praise Break

I went to church last night and it was a wonderful service. Amazing how refreshed you feel after you have bathed in a pool of worship. The visiting missionary was Bro & Sis. Turner ( I can't remember their first names). They are on their way back to Ireland. His message was Take a Praise Break. He said the studies revealed that employees who are given two coffee breaks a day, actually produce more. He said next time, take a praise break!

He also said something profound that I never thought of before. In answer to the question, Why would God want us to worship him? He said that only an inferior being can give worship. God can't worship himself so he created humans. We, our souls, worship God because the soul is aware of his majesty.

In light of that, the Rev. Oprah's new religion makes sense for those seeking to hide their evil deeds by eliminating God. It demotes God and removes his majesty. When a soul is corrupt, it looks for a place to hide from the eye of God. This new fad makes man the deity and removes the need to worship anyone but self. It convinces the human heart (seat of evil) that the all seeing eye is now closed. Sin is gone because there is no one to judge it. And since there is no sin in this religion, absolutely nothing you do is wrong. You can be a child molester and you're just fine? Wonder how she is going to reconcile all the evil in the world? Because if you don't have a judge and there is no law there is NO WRONG DOING. Yeah, that sounds like a place I want to live and have my granddaughter grow up in! NOT. Incidentally, this is not a religion, folks. Religion is based on the concept of a deity. This is based on self-actualization. It is not a religion. It is a club. I gotta wonder what the eternal perks are.

Well, I'm taking my praise break now. Glory and honor and power be to the most high God. No weapon formed against Him shall prosper. Bless the Lord and let His name be known to the far corners of the world. May all who hear His name desire to seek His face.

King David always says it better than me:

Psalms 18
31 For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
46 The LORD lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let the God of my salvation be exalted.
Psalms 63
3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Psalms 86
8 Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord;
Nor are there any works like Your works.
9 All nations whom You have made
Shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
And shall glorify Your name.
10 For You are great, and do wondrous things;
You alone are God.

Break's over. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.