Sunday, May 25, 2008

Nearly There

Needless to say, I didn't nothing to day except go to church and take a loooooog nap. I will be going back to church soon for the evening service in about an hour but wanted to upload some new photos of Sarah for everyone to see. She is such a pixie and I have to share.

Also, here are some photos of the work on the floor nearing completion. Of course, we forgot to take before photos but you can see what I've been doing for the last week. Tomorrow, I hope to finish it for good.

Here you can see the built in chest and shelves where we had to piece the plywood for the small areas. If you squint at the left side of the photo, you may be able to see where the air vent is set into the wood.

There will be a window seat on top of the chest that is padded. I see Sarah up there on rainy days.
The lines are where we sealed the seams. That is what we have to sand tomorrow. I am hoping my daughter-in-law will do this. It is terrible on my knees. If not, I will have to get a pad to kneel on.

You can see from looking at the wood grain why we hated to cover up the plywood. It is really some lovely wood. I am not sure but I think you could build cabinets out of this stuff!
This is taken from inside that built-closet and toward the hallway. You can see where the plywood sheet ended and we had to cut another strip to fill in to the wall.
Finally, the final corner. You can see my little helper here surveying the work. Size is difficult to gage in photos. That is a 4x8 sheet of plywood. The room took three and a half sheets total.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.