Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rain and the End of a Day

Rain has once again kept the day dark and gloomy. I have been miserable all day. I can barely talk, I am so hoarse. My cold is not as bad but I can't get the hoarseness to go away. And I am tired. I am going to bed early tonight. I have to get more sleep. It is just that there is so much to do and I don't ever seem to get a moment to relax except when I am online.

I saw that Ms. Clinton won Indiana and Mr. Obama won N. C. Not surprising in either instance. Indiana was a Clinton state when Bill ran. I don't think that with the current crop of candidates that it will be a win for the nation, no mater which one is elected.

We, as a nation, are reaching critical mass economically, morally, and socially. We have opened too many doors, spent too much money on worthless causes, ungrateful countries, and enemies and we've failed to invest in the country and our own people. My opinion is that it is too late. An injured body can bleed only so long before it lapses into a coma. We're there. If it continues to bleed, the body dies. Someone should pick the flowers. Our enemies will rejoice. Our leches will mourn but they'll also starve to death because they can't make it on their own. Our friends abandoned us long ago so they could hedge their bets.

Frankly, I don't think we ever had many friends. A friend with their hand is out is no friend at all. The most common emotion toward America is jealousy and resentment. No nation should be allow to be so successful, so wealthy, so self sufficient. Makes people mad. And we're arrogant about it too. Well, if you have it, you have it and if you don't you hate those who do. We've been generous to the needy and to the jerks.. A lot of people fought and died to insure this nation and secure it for us citizens. And we've blown it in less than 100 years.

Now, wasn't that a very negative message? So, I've not optimistic.

Ok, I think that is dark enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.