Saturday, April 2, 2011

And Back to Saturday Again

I am finishing off my coffee and getting ready to take a hot shower so I can sit and pay bills. I went to bed a bit later than I intended but not as late as usual. I spent my evening watching t.v. shows on HULU and crocheting the shawl.

Last Saturday as I was getting in my sister's car the car door fell on me and as I wasn't in the car, it hit the side of my head just over the lobe of my left ear and my head was slammed into the roof of the car on the right side. Basically, my head was smacked on both sides. It hurt so bad I sat in the car and cried for about five minutes. And I knew it was going to be very painful before it was over. I have had pain all week in the left side of my neck and back. A migraine resulted on Friday and I had to take a pill for that. The pain simply grew worse each day until yesterday. There wasn't much I could do to prevent it.

Care for a rehash of the last month? Feb 27 car totaled. First two weeks of March spend wrestling with no car, insurance and stress resulting for both. Third week, dizzy spell from fluid behind the ears resulting in hours spent in ER and a week where I felt horrible all week. Fourth week, smack on the head and pain all week with headache and dizziness.

I am glad March is over.

The writer's meeting went well last Thursday. I think I mentioned it but maybe not. You can see above that the whole month has been pretty rotten. Even the weather didn't cooperate much. I can only say the dizzy spells have improved with my taking the antihistamine. I had a follow up doctor's appointment yesterday and he is sending me to physical therapy to see if the last of the dizziness can be dealt with that way. If you look up vertigo treatments you will find that PT is used as treatment for some cases.

I need to go find eye glasses but again, I'm needing transportation to do so. I think I really need them because my eyes have just bothered me a lot more recently. Of course the dizziness may be a culprit.

This afternoon I am going to the Home Show with Carolyn. She got free tickets and invited me. This is basically a huge vendor show at the stadium where you can look at things to improve your home and buy services and things you want. I don't know that I want anything but it can be interesting. On thinking about it this morning, I'm not sure it was a good idea. The walking isn't fun on concrete floors and my neck doesn't like being turned a lot.

The above was written at 8:41 a.m. this morning. It is now 1:20 and I'm eating lunch after doing some laundry, cleaning and arranging my bedroom back the way it was when Jerry died. The dust was terrible. I still have several loads of laundry and more dusting to do. My allergies are really bad and so I have to get this under control.

I got all the bills paid. Then, I got a note from the state in the mail saying Mike was cut off his food stamp assistance because he quit his job for no reason. So, now I have to find a way to feed him. I've filed an appeal. He didn't quit the job. He went in to get his form completed for the food stamp program and the guy told him he had quit. We had no way to do anything about it. I'm hoping that the job he had a Clark Security will fix it but no clue.

I now have to go get dressed to go to the Home Show. Carolyn will be here in 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.