Friday, April 22, 2011

A Real Friday, At Last!

I'm home today. Didn't get up until 8:30. I had to take Dave to his new job and keep Sarah for Becca to have a glucose tolerance test at the lab. She's in the sandbox and I'm here watching out the window. She will start daycare on Monday for Becca to do the Impact program through the state. This, I hope will all help them get on their feet. Impact is a program designed to help families find jobs and become self sufficient. It doesn't work for many because until you have a job you have to go to class. Most of the recipients are lazy I know. They're on my program and more than a few get sanctioned for refusing to participate. Most do it because while in the program you can get financial assistance as well.

Anyway, I'm here in the dinning room/den watching out the window as she sails across the yard in her bakery sandbox. She is always baking. I suspect that someday, Sarah may want to be a cook.

I took a break of about 30 minutes and washed dishes and vacuumed up sand.... The rain started and Sarah has had to come inside. Once I was done with chores, we opened doors and windows and let the freshening breeze blow through the house. We spent several minutes on the porch watching the rain but I am getting pretty tired of opening doors, moving kitchens, and other items. She doesn't seem to like playing alone. I never had the problem with the boys and can only assume it is because she has adults home with her all day.

Becca says she plays in her room but since we don't actually have a play room that's not possible. And she doesn't like going in any room here alone. I've never understood that about her. She always acts as if someone is going to jump out at her.

She just wanted to close the door and I told her no that I liked the breeze. She said, "O.k. I'm going out here and ignore you." I told her, "That's o.k. I'll ignore you, too." Her cold shoulder lasted about two minutes. She is developing her manipulation techniques. I'm not easily manipulated.

It is going on 11 now and I really need to get up and do several things... namely sleeves.

Oh, I wanted to thank everyone for their comments on The Watcher. That story has not been really edited. I did a few grammar checks and spell check but not much else. I was just glad to get something on paper. I like the way the picture generated ideas.

I'm off to do something else. HRH is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.