Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winding Down the Weekend

Found this in my drafts and do not know why I didn't publish it. Probably because it seems unfinished. But since I can't go back and what I do say is important to me, here is it.


I don't know about you but Sunday afternoons are the hardest for me. I have the realization that I must go back to work tomorrow but I also feel so tired from all I've done that it is just a daunting thought.

Sarah and I had a fine time and she is napping now. Must get her up soon but getting her quiet is always a feat so the thought of waking her up is a bit hard to handle.

I've posted a few photos of her in her new pajamas, jumping around the den. And in her Sunday Go To Meeting clothes with her hair all dolled up. Of course, after a ride to church and rubbing her head around, her hair is not quite as chic. That's why I take the photos before church.

I also have a few videos that will be up later. They take time to upload and then, you may have to watch them tomorrow! Annoying but too true.

I've really got to find a way to put these video on a dvd and keep them. It is nice having them here but I think someday Sarah might like to have a keepsake, when I and the blog are gone. It is the kind of thing I wish I had of family and of Jerry. Of course, she could probably care less but just in case.

I spent most of the weekend avoiding thinking about Jerry except for the time we went to take flowers. No one does that but me. Mike goes with me at times. I know Jerry is not "there". But we both held similar view about this. People should not be forgotten. And a trip to the cemetery is not a chore.

For me, and for Jerry, it is a gesture of respect and love. We both hated not being where we could visit our parents graves. He had talked about going home in the summer and visiting his folks grave. He so loved his mother and it was very hard on him when she died. The weekly calls to her meant so much. Not being able to visit that grave was painful for him. And were I the one in the ground, you would find him there every moment he could be there. So, while I do not go as often as I know he would, I go. Mike goes. I take Sarah because I want somehow to instill that same respect in her. People, people you love should not be forgotten.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.