Monday, January 24, 2011

And Here Comes Monday

Arriving with a freezing blast and smacking me full force as I opened my eyes. The days do not move at a consistent rate. The weekend actually seemed rather long and tedious. Mike came Saturday but we just sat around. We did go and get Sarah and take her out for a hamburger... well she had one. We waited and went to Penn Station with her so Mike and I could have a real sandwich. And we spent the afternoon with her here. I read stories to her and Mike did his laundry and watched some old t.v. shows.

Once I took the two of them home, one on one side of town and the other on the opposite, I did some crochet. I made Becca a Swiffer sock. I actually started it the night before. Yes, you heard me. I crocheted a sock like item to go on the Swiffer so she could save the $15 it cost to by those silly tissues to do the floor. Ten of them cost nearly $15. This is reusable and washable and if she had bought the yarn, about $8 and I can get probably three or four socks out of it at least. This is reversible. One side can be used for dusting and the other for moping. the dusting side had a nubby finish that picks up dust while the opposite side is smooth for moping. When you are done, toss it in the laundry. I'm making the several for her so she'll always have a clean one.

Actually the first one, a pink and white one, was almost too pretty to use on the floor. Her Swiffer is pink and doesn't have the built in sprayer. It is the mop part. If you don't know what a Swiffer is, you can Google it. Anyway, I'm now making a blue and white one. I'll try and post some photos when I'm done.

I am leaving a bit early for work. Snow fell again last night and I don't know how the roads will be this morning but I'm taking a snow route just in case. Last night my drive was slippery because the snow melts a bit and then freezes again. This morning, great sheets are sliding off the room.

I don't feel well myself this morning. It isn't the pain so much as it is just this malaise. I simply want to go to bed and stay there. I'm tired. I go to bed but get no more than 6 hrs of sleep but when I wake I'm not refreshed. So it seems pointless. But if I'm not getting enough sleep, why do I wake up? I can remember when I needed 9 hours at least to keep going. I haven't been able to get that for years. Nearly 8?

So, teeth brushed and hit the road. Sarah is still sick with a bad cold so keep her in your prayers. She is just so small we get frantic when she gets sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.