Monday, August 8, 2011

A Grand Start to the Week

Actually,it is more like five grand. My central heating and air unit has to be replaced before winter. The heat exchange is rusted out. So the whole system has to be replaced. They were working on getting the air to work properly and found it. Becca called and said, "Mom! It has big holes in it!" The repair man said he didn't see why we had not been getting sick from carbon monoxide. My guess is that because the unit is outside the fumes are vented out there. I only get warmed air in the house. Of course, I believe that God looks out for me, too. I'm just thankful He was looking out for all the people I've had in my house over the last winter. "Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, Who only does wondrous things!" Psalm 72:18

External units wear out quickly, unfortunately but they are far safer to my way of thinking because they are outside the house. The risk of fire is lessened and of carbon monoxide. But... they cost the earth. I paid $3500 for this unit 15 yrs ago. I can only presume they have not gotten cheaper.

Once again, my savings will be wiped out and I will have to actually borrow money to get the rest of it. I can scrape together maybe half by October. I doubt I can go as long as December without heat in the house. The way my luck is going, we'll get a hard freeze in September.

I can only say this is one more selling point to the house. I do not want to leave it. I love my home. After this expense the next major one is the kitchen. That one will kill me physically but I won't break the bank on the cost, if I survive. Anyone up for coming to Evansville for a kitchen demolition party, let me know. I can arrange it. I have to take out walls and floor and put new ones down. I know what to do... believe it or not, it is pretty much like making a dress. You measure, you cut, and you put it together. I've done it a couple of times before. The hard part is taking out the old stuff.

Needless to say, any and all travel plans are now off the table indefinitely. I'm a bit disgusted by all of it because I was thinking I could maybe take just a short little trip away for a few days even. Still, I don't see any sense in complaining. I have to have heat. And Lord knows right now I have to have air.

For some reason, at just this moment, I'm fine with it. When they told me I was actually a bit depressed. Now, I just don't care. It is one more thing in a long line of things. I feel like no matter what I do it won't make a difference so feeling bad is a waste of time. But it would be nice not to have to spend so much money all the time. I would dearly love to pay the car off and the house. I could do that but for all this bleeding money everywhere. I don't want to move to an apartment. I'd hate it.

I'm going back to work now. I have to pay for a central H/AC unit!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.