Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's Marked in My Bible #28

Psalm 62

1Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

2He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

The bold words here were marked:

10Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.


Yet another song:

Psalm 63

3Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

4Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.


And a single verse...

Psalm 66
1Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:

Psalm 67
3Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.

Followed by a song:

Psalm 68
1Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.


Psalm 71

1In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.

Followed by a song:

Psalm 72

18Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things.

19And blessed be his glorious name for ever:


I find the pattern interesting. Note the regular verses followed by a song that would seem to support them!

Well, I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderate because of increased SPAM.